Residential Parking Permits
I love how much we are not like some of our foothill community neighbors, but I would like to submit a proposal for us to consider a nominal ($25) annual fee for on-street overnight residential parking. Potentially no parking on the street from say 2:00 - 5:00am without a permit. It could be added annually to our water bills - no additional costs incurred for new paperwork, etc., etc,
This could have multiple benefits:
* potential to assist with crime reduction
* reduction in unwanted cars staying in one place for days on end
* city based income to contribute directly to city based expenses
Have guests staying with you and they'll be parking on the street? Sierra Madre has (had?) a reasonable workflow...
* you call the police station
* give the make, model, license plate of the car
* tell them the amount of time they are staying with you
* receive a fee-free overnight permit [pretty sure i remember this correctly]
What do you all think?